This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RH850/U2A optional byte configuration in IAR for RH850

Hi guys,

I' m using IAR for RH850 and RH850/U2A series. Now I need to configure its optional bytes. The official document provides optional bytes setting ways of CS+ and MULTI. If there is anyway to config it in IAR? (the document address: RH850/U2A-EVA Group Start Up Guide (OPBT) (renesas.com))

[locked by: Vasanthrs at 6:07 (GMT 0) on 11 Dec 2023]
  • Hi,

It is very similar to how it is done for GHS. Kindly use the attached IAR project as reference.

U2A_OPTBT_REE_IAR.zip

Best Regards,
    Vasanth

• Hi,

I can't find RH850/U2A optional bytes configuration in renesas flash programmer v3.13.00. Where could I find it or the flashed file should include optional bytes information?

• RFP does not support the options bytes on U2A like it does for other RH850 devices.  Need to use the above mentioned projects to configure them, which creates the hex-file that can be programmed into the memory.

• Another question:

I'm using a starter-kit of RH850/U2A. As I use CS+ or IAR, it's fine to debug when the E2 is connected to RH850/U2A. I write a led-blinding program. But if E2 is disconnected, the results differs: if I use CS+ to debug, the led can blind after I disconnect the E2 and press RESET. But if I use IAR to debug, the led cannot blind after I disconnect the E2 and press RESET. I use the "Project->Download->Download active application" in IAR option, it still cannot work. It seems like that IAR startup opreation resets the optional bytes? 

• Thanks for your answer. 

• Hi,

Kindly create a new thread for the new issue, this will help threads issue wise and other users searching for answers on the same issue.

Best Regards,
    Vasanth R S