RA6M2 emulator cannot connect anymore

I was working on a bootloader for the RA6M2. While working on writing to program flash, I did not realize that once you enter flash programming mode, the flash becomes unreadable. And my bootloader WAS in flash and as a result, I had many cases where random code was executed on the processor. So right now I have figured out that the boot loader must copy itself to SRAM before programing the program flash. But now, when I try to connect to the RA6M2 with the E2 emulator, I am getting an error code

And here is the contents of the console:

GDB Server for Renesas targets.
    Version 8.9.0.v20220622-094354 [a337bc4f] (Jul  4 2022 11:34:02)

Starting server with the following options:
        Raw options                : /home/ta/.eclipse/com.renesas.platform_917604430/DebugComp//RA/e2-server-gdb -g E2 -t R7FA6M2AF -uConnectionTimeout= 30 -uClockSrc= 0 -uAllowClockSourceInternal= 1 -uInteface= JTAG -uIfSpeed= auto -w 0 -z 33 -uIdCodeBytes= FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF -uResetCon= 1 -uLowPower= 1 -uresetOnReload= 1 -n 0 -uFlashBp= 1 -ueraseRomOnDownload= 0 -ueraseDataRomOnDownload= 0 -uTraceMTB= 0 -uTraceSizeMTB= 1024 -uProgReWriteIRom= 0 -uProgReWriteDFlash= 0 -uOSRestriction= 0 -uTimeMeasurementEnable= 1 -uMemRegion= 0x00000000:0x100000:FLASH:e -uMemRegion= 0x40100000:0x8000:DATA_FLASH:e -l -uCore= SINGLE_CORE|enabled|1|main -uSyncMode= async -uFirstGDB= main --english

Connecting to E2, ARM target
        GDBServer endian           : little
        Target power from emulator : Off
Starting target connection
GDB action 'connect to target', has failed with error report, Error 0x0F000003: Command code received from the emulator firmware was unexpected.

Disconnected from the Target Debugger.

Parents
  • I have first speculated that this might be because random data was written to the option settings area, so I tried to use the ALeRASE ID code to completely erase all program, data, and option flash, but this did not help.

I tried this with both the e2studio and the windows flash programmer. With windows flash programmer I'm getting a timeout error.

• I have first speculated that this might be because random data was written to the option settings area, so I tried to use the ALeRASE ID code to completely erase all program, data, and option flash, but this did not help.

I tried this with both the e2studio and the windows flash programmer. With windows flash programmer I'm getting a timeout error.

Children
No Data