This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RL78 series R5F111 microcontroller Reset source finding using RESF register

Hi,

I am facing one problem regarding my recent circuit. My board is reset's  after every certain time interval. I am trying to identify the source of Reset whether it is internal or external. I haven't configure watchdog or low voltage detection bits n my software. I am trying to fetch value from RESF register but every time  I get the value 0x00. It means it is not reset from internal source or controller changes this value to 0 as per datasheet. What are the steps for fetching RESF value.

[locked by: AZ_Renesas at 9:34 (GMT 0) on 6 Mar 2024]
Parents
  • To troubleshoot periodic resets in your circuit, first, ensure a stable power supply within the microcontroller's recommended range. Check for default watchdog timer settings or Low Voltage Detection features in the datasheet. To identify the reset source, attempt reading the Reset Source Register (RESF) and interpret the value obtained. If consistently getting 0x00, consult the microcontroller's documentation for specific methods to read the RESF register. Additionally, inspect external hardware components for issues that might trigger resets. These steps should help pinpoint the source of the resets and guide further troubleshooting.

• To troubleshoot periodic resets in your circuit, first, ensure a stable power supply within the microcontroller's recommended range. Check for default watchdog timer settings or Low Voltage Detection features in the datasheet. To identify the reset source, attempt reading the Reset Source Register (RESF) and interpret the value obtained. If consistently getting 0x00, consult the microcontroller's documentation for specific methods to read the RESF register. Additionally, inspect external hardware components for issues that might trigger resets. These steps should help pinpoint the source of the resets and guide further troubleshooting.

Children
No Data