RL78L13 (R5F10WLDAFA) can support for OTA Function and Partitioning ?

Dear Renesus team

I am currently curious about the RL78L13 (R5F10WLDAFA) controller and I am interested in implementing the Over-The-Air (OTA) update functionality.

Could you please clarify whether the RL78L13 (R5F10WLDAFA) supports partitioning for OTA functionality? I'm especially interested in understanding the memory partitioning capabilities for over-the-air firmware updates.

Your expertise and insights on this matter will greatly help my educational endeavors as I just want to know if it is possible or not.

Thank you very much for considering my question.

Parents
  • Hello,

The Over-The-Air functionality require that the device has a dual bank mechanism, so while it executes code from one bank, it can update the other bank. The RL78/L13 does not have dual bank mechanism so OTA is not really feasible. However RL78/I1C (512KB) has 2 banks.

You may want to look into bootloader solutions to update the firmware.

Regards

• Thank you very much for the answer. I'm researching , so I was wondering R78L13 (R5F10WLDAFA) can use partitions (AB partition or single partition) for OTA? and Now I understand more from your answer.

We may need to use other methods or another MCU model for support OTA function.

Best regards _/\_ 

• Thank you very much for the answer. I'm researching , so I was wondering R78L13 (R5F10WLDAFA) can use partitions (AB partition or single partition) for OTA? and Now I understand more from your answer.

We may need to use other methods or another MCU model for support OTA function.

Best regards _/\_ 

Children