2022-10 Unsupported SSP Version

I just installed 2022-10 on Windows 10 x64. I am unable to build SSP 1.6.3. I receive the following console log:

Project XXX uses an unsupported SSP version.
Use e² studio 2022-07 or earlier to either continue using this project or to upgrade it to SSP 2.0.0 or later.
Build halted.

I checked the release notes prior to installing 2022-10. It stated on Page 7 that Synergy SSP1.6.X is supported with GCC 7.2.1 which is what I am using. My MCU is the S3A7.

The console log seems to indicate that only SSP 2.0.0 or later is supported.

Are SSP versions earlier than 2.0.0 supported, or is the Release Note incorrect?

Parents
  • I also tried 2022-07 and 2022-04. I could not compile the project using SSP 1.6.3 as it generated errors. The errors were along the lines of the following in the SSP files:

Unable to obtain built macros

I went back to 2021-04 and the project compiled correctly. Then I move to 2021-10 and it compiled correctly.

I can try 2022-01 if that would help you. I started with a fresh workspace for each e2studio version tested.

The answer seems to be that the Release Notes are incorrect for all 2022 versions.

• I also tried 2022-07 and 2022-04. I could not compile the project using SSP 1.6.3 as it generated errors. The errors were along the lines of the following in the SSP files:

Unable to obtain built macros

I went back to 2021-04 and the project compiled correctly. Then I move to 2021-10 and it compiled correctly.

I can try 2022-01 if that would help you. I started with a fresh workspace for each e2studio version tested.

The answer seems to be that the Release Notes are incorrect for all 2022 versions.

Children
  • Hi ,

Apologies for the delayed response. How are things going? I couldn't find a note or a similar issue to this one. I will try to ask someone if there are errors in the release notes.

JB
    If this response, or one provided by another user, answers your question, please verify the answer. Thank you!
    Renesas Engineering Community Moderator
    https://community.renesas.com/
    https://academy.renesas.com/
    https://en-support.renesas.com/knowledgeBase/

• The e2 studio 2022-10 release note states this:

"The Synergy Software Platform version 1.x is no longer supported in e2 studio. The ability to manipulate the encrypted software platform source files is no longer included in the product. Please use an older product before 2022-10 to use these existing projects."

Just FYI JB (SWF)

• I did not see this as I was searching for SSP. I should have looked for Synergy.

At any case, I have always used the "Supported Toolchains"  section which states the Synergy Device Family and what GCC distribution and version is supported. There has no other section for SSP which states what versions are supported pre 2022-10 Release Notes.

So, as per the table in 2022-10, I have the installed toolchains, with the versions supported, and it fails to compile. This contradicts section 4 on "What is new in 2022-10". Do you understand my confusion now?

I think "SSP 1.6.x: 7.2.1" and "SSP 1.7.x: 7.2.1" should be removed from the table on page 7. Technically this is not supported.

Going forward, I would recommend having an area which clearly states what SSP versions are supported, if that is the same table on page 7, or something else.