Hardware = DA14683 USB Kit Dev Board (DA14683-00A9DEVKT-U)
SDK = 1.0.14
FLASH = 128MB = W25Q128JVSIM-ND
Modifications to USB Kit Dev Board:
1) Replaced FLASH with above part (with legs bent under to fit SMT pads)
2) Removed R57 (V18) and Installed 0ohm in R56 (V33).
3) Powering the U10 regulator directly (external 5V on TP28) and monitoring input current.
Running pxp_reporter, with custom_config_qspi.h modified for larger flash.
The pxp_reporter is running fine. I can see the power levels transition between transmissions, sleep, and advertising. Advertising rates change as expected. That all looks good.
......But the issue is that the lowest sleep current is 165uA. That seems high.
1) What is the lowest sleep current you can expect when running the FLASH from 3.3V?
2) What can I do to reduce the sleep current when running the FLASH from 3.3V? Configuration options? How to power more stuff down?
3) Why are the only options for dg_configFLASH_CONNECTED_TO "1V8" and "1V8P"? What should I set this #define to if I'm powering the FLASH from 3.3V?
1 / 2 : You can use any of the available DA14683 sleep modes to reduce power consumption. The flash should be in power-down mode as well.
3 : Only powering via 1V8 and 1V8P options are available. Please check HW design guidelines document for more info : https://www.renesas.com/us/en/document/apn/b-061-application-note-da1468x-application-hardware-design-guidelines?language=en
The V18 (VDD1V8) rail is assigned to supply the external QSPI Flash memory.The V18P (VDD1V8P) rail is assigned to be used for supplying external devices like sensors or a RF power amplifier.
Our Evaluation Kits are supported as provided by Renesas, so please avoid applying any HW modifications!