da14531mod advertisement

Hi Renesas Team,
I am trying to send my beaconing information on every 1hour one sample I am advertising. 
Running the timer internally using MCU core, and when time reaches 1 hour then I will enable the RF core beacon activity, advertise the beacon data and disable the RF core and do the process forever without rebooting the device. please suggest the logic.
I am trying this logic in DA14531MOD hostless.
Thanks,
Kumar
  • Hi Kumar,

Can you share your device BT MAC address for sharing the pass key to access the device.

BR,
    OV_Renesas

• Hi Renesas,

Your MAC passkey displayed over the console. First you connect Bonding with this passkey enter.

Then you read the service Like major or minor etec and disconnect, then it will broadcast the ibeacon for every 30sec interval it is forever. I tried the last heap change but it crashed after 30 minutes.

Step1# Scan and connect with passkey (Bonding, If already bonding delete and again Bond it). Note: try to input within 10 secs.

Step2# Read the services

MAJOR {0x9e, 0x9c, 0xdf, 0x4f, 0xe0, 0xf3, 0x3e, 0x99, 0x6f, 0x46, 0x5a, 0xbf, 0x81, 0x5a, 0x00, 0x10}

MINOR {0x9a, 0x8c, 0xdf, 0x4f, 0xe0, 0xf3, 0x3e, 0x99, 0x6f, 0x46, 0x5a, 0xbf, 0x81, 0x5a, 0x00, 0x10}

Step3# Disconnect and go to non-connectable mode.

Step4# After 30 secs check the iBeacon data displaying.

Step5# After advertising over goes to Extended Sleep and again wakeup

Regards,

Kumar

• Hi Kumar,

Thank you for the reply.

Step3# Disconnect and go to non-connectable mode.

I am not able to see the exact behavior you described. 
    Specifically, the firmware you sent does not go into non-connectable mode after disconnect on my side. 

Best Regards,
    OV_Renesas

• Hi Renesas,

I tried with the same Firmware shared which is working for me. Find the snapshot for your reference. Download from the below link:

https://we.tl/t-oY90HIeNCH

Step#1 -> Click nRF Connect android app à Enable Bluetooth -à Enable Location

Step#2 -> Scan and check the device shows like BlackBox -- > Before connecting check Bonded or Not. If already bonded please click ---> “Delete bond information” (click this option at right connect 3 dots). Once it delete it shows NOT BONDED

Step#3 -> Now click on ---> Connect ----> try to read last service /characteristic (xxxx000002a19) click ---> it will ask Bluetooth pairing request ----> Enter the your password PIN as :: 177408 ---> If it PIN correct it read the characteristics values >>> NOTE >>> If you are not entering within 15 sec PIN then it will repeat the Step#3 until it success.

Step#4 -> Now click on ---> DISCONNECT ----> Close the MAC tab ----> click / go to SCANNER ---> Refresh ---> You will see Black Box (Non-connectable) ---> It shows BLE information ----> Ery 30sec iBeacon advertisement displayed.

And the below serial print logs can be seen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=> ..user_app_adv_start (FIRST)..  <=

=> user_app_disconnect  <=

......default_app_on_pairing_succeeded............

=> ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND)..  <=(((.....user_app_adv_undirect_complete.....)))

=> ..ibeacon_adv_data_update_timer_cb (FIRST)..  <=

=> ..acc_app_resume_system_from_sleep (1)..  <=

=> ..user_app_adv_start_new (THREE)..  <=

=> ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND)..  <=

=> ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND)..  <=(((.....user_app_adv_undirect_complete.....)))

=> ..ibeacon_adv_data_update_timer_cb (FIRST)..  <=

=> ..acc_app_resume_system_from_sleep (1)..  <=

=> ..user_app_adv_start_new (THREE)..  <=

=> ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND)..  <=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the same process and let us know. Please check with other Android app nRF Connect.

Thanks,

Francis

• Hi Renesas,

I tried with the Firmware shared which is working for me. Find the snapshot for your reference. Download from the below link:

https://we.tl/t-sN5oWe3MxD

Step#1 -> Click nRF Connect android app Enable Bluetooth Enable Location

Step#2 -> Scan and check the device shows like BlackBox -- > Before connecting check Bonded or Not. If already bonded please click ---> “Delete bond information” (click this option at right connect 3 dots). Once it delete it shows NOT BONDED

Step#3 -> Now click on ---> Connect ----> try to read last service /characteristic (xxxx000002a19) click ---> it will ask Bluetooth pairing request ----> Enter the your password PIN as :: 177408 ---> If it PIN correct it read the characteristics values >>> NOTE >>> If you are not entering within 15 sec PIN then it will repeat the Step#3 until it success.

Step#4 -> Now click on ---> DISCONNECT ----> Close the MAC tab ----> click / go to SCANNER ---> Refresh ---> You will see Black Box (Non-connectable) ---> It shows BLE information ----> Ery 30sec iBeacon advertisement displayed.

And the below serial print logs can be seen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    => ..user_app_adv_start (FIRST).. <=
    => user_app_disconnect <=
    ......default_app_on_pairing_succeeded............
    => ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND).. <=(((.....user_app_adv_undirect_complete.....)))

=> ..ibeacon_adv_data_update_timer_cb (FIRST).. <=
    => ..acc_app_resume_system_from_sleep (1).. <=
    => ..user_app_adv_start_new (THREE).. <=
    => ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND).. <=
    => ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND).. <=(((.....user_app_adv_undirect_complete.....)))

=> ..ibeacon_adv_data_update_timer_cb (FIRST).. <=
    => ..acc_app_resume_system_from_sleep (1).. <=
    => ..user_app_adv_start_new (THREE).. <=
    => ..user_app_adv_start (SECOND).. <=
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Kumar

• Hi Renesas,

Please let us know your feedback or suggestions.

Regards,

Kumar

• Hi Kumar,

Thank you for the replies and apologies for the delay.
    Let me look into this and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    OV_Renesas

• Hi Renesas,
    Thanks for your support.
    I am in a little hurry to deploy these beacons under the customer place. 
    Please check the flow and share your feedback to fix the rebooting issue.
    Regards,
    Kumar
  • Hi Kumar,

Apologies for the delay.
    I re-checked your project and I could see the device going into non-connectable advertising.
    I tested it with the Dev Kit Pro and let is run for over 30 minutes while monitoring from the Power Profiler. The project did not crash.
    Are you witnessing this forced reset on the custom board or in the Dev Kit?
    I would suggest you use the CFG_USE_HEAP_LOG macro and try to get the Heap usage after 20-25minutes of device running.
    For SDK v6.0.20

/****************************************************************************************************************/
    /* Function patch for heap logging.                                                                             */
    /*                                                                                                              */
    /* Macro:                                                                                                       */
    /* CFG_USE_HEAP_LOG                                                                                             */
    /*                                                                                                              */
    /* Description: Enables the logging of heap memories usage. The feature can be used in development/debug mode.  */
    /*              Application must be executed in Keil debugger environment. Developer must stop execution and    */
    /*              type disp_heaplog() in debugger's command window. Heap memory statistics will be displayed on   */
    /*              window.                                                                                         */
    /****************************************************************************************************************/

For your SDK version please check da1458x_config_basic.h file.

Best Regards,
    OV_Renesas

• Hi Renesas,

Thanks for your response.
    Yes, I am using a custom board with SDK v6.0.16. 

As you suggested, I called the macro in #define CFG_USE_HEAP_LOG in "da1458x_config_advanced.h".

But after running the device 20-30 minutes the device is getting rebooted.

Please suggest what I should do to overcome this issue.

Regards,
    Kumar