Is it possible to avoid the RF AGC setting switching between different levels during all RX time?

Hi,

For our DA1469x range application, it is much better if the RF AGC setting is fixed to a custom level.

Is it possible to avoid the RF AGC setting switching between different levels during all RX time?

Best regards,

Peter

• Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your question online.
    Let me check on this and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    OV_Renesas

• Hi Peter,

We do not think that this would be a good idea. 
    When the RF AGC is set to a fixed setting, the risk is that when the incoming signal is weak, there is too much noise in the I/Q singal.
    At the other hand, it would 'clip' when the incoming signal is strong. Both will result in worse or bad ranging performance.
    From DA1469x Datasheet: 'The LNA and IF Filter gains are controlled by the AGC. This provides the necessary signal conditioning prior to digitalization.'

Best Regards,
    OV_Renesas

• Hi OV_Renesas,

Thanks for your quick reply!

We know the risk of the RF AGC  is set to a fixed setting, in fact, we want to use our algorithm to control the AGC and AFC. Now we set same value to RF_AGC_LUT_0123_REG, RF_AGC_LUT_4567_REG, RF_AGC_LUT_89AB_REG, RF_AGC_LUT_CDEF_REG, and set 1 to RF_AGC_CTRL2_REG_AGC_MAX_SETTING of RF_AGC_CTRL2_REG, it seems work well.

Could you tell me the correct way to configure AGC to avoid switching?

Best regards,

Peter

• Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply.
    We have reached out to the Radio Team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Apologies for any delay, it might take a couple of days.

Best Regards,
    OV_Renesas